An online public access computer catalogue of the Library's stock is available at the library. Our online catalogue can also be accessed via the internet at: http://nwls.spydus.com. The loan period is 7 days for DVDs and all other items are a 21 day period.
New and Visitor members are permitted to borrow 5 items which includes 1 (one) DVD. Regular borrowers are permitted to borrow a maximum of 15 items on your card at any one time. This can be a combination of any items for loan, which includes only 2 (two) DVD's and 2 (two) CD's.
What if I am late returning my items?
At the present time, overdue items incur overdue charges. Fines are calculated at $1.00 per day per item. To avoid being charged overdue fees, contact the library before or on the due date for an extension. (Items that are on reserve cannot be renewed). Any library material lost or damaged must be paid for by the borrower.
After Hours Shute
If you cannot return items during opening hours, a book return is available adjacent to the front doors for your convenience.
Can I keep my items for extra time?
Yes, in most cases you may renew your items for another load period. There is a maximum of two (2) loan periods. The second loan period will only be allowed if there are no reserves on the item. Items can be renewed by:
- Telephone: Have your card handy as you will need to tell us your card number.
- In person: Simply bring your card to the library and ask us to renew the items you have at home.
- Online: Simply log-on to our catalogue, http://nwls.spydus.com using your library card number follow the links to renew items.
- Remember: items that are on reserve cannot be renewed.
Material for Loan
- Fiction - there is an extension range of fiction available for both adult and junior borrowers.
- Non-Fiction - the collection includes comprehensive range of non-fiction titles for both adult and junior borrowers.
- Talking Books - a large range of fiction titles is available in audio format (CD, MP3 and Playaway). Some non-fiction titles complement this collection.
- Large Print - a large range of fiction titles is available for loan in large print format. This collection is supplemented with titles from the State Library of New South Wales.
- DVDs - DVD's are available for all age groups with some non-fiction titles.
- Junior and Youg Adult Talking Books - in CD format are available in various titles, some with text accompaniment.
- Periodicals - a wide range of periodical titles is available for loan, including sports, computers, gardening craft, fashion and music.
- Toys and Puzzles - 2 items per card may be borrowed. A large variety consisting of puzzles, construction toys and games. Many have aboriginal contents which were donated by Families NSW for the whole community to access.
- E-RESOURCES –Borrow Box –eaudio and ebooks and Zineo – emagazines AVAILABLE FROM NORTHWESTERN LIBRARY WEBSITE HTTP://nwls.spydus.com. Accessing with membership number and a PIN number ;. contact library to organise PIN
What sort of material is not for loan?
The library has a comprehensive Reference Collection that is for use in the library these include items such as encyclopaedias, dictionaries, local history.